Graeme Smith is one of the most successful opening batsmen in the world. South African Test Team Captain is also one of the most memorable skippers in history of Test Cricket as he holds world record of captaining in most Test Matches (over 100) as Captain for South Africa. It seems very difficult record to break because the next player on this list is MS Dhoni of India with 43 Matches.
Smith also holds record (as on February 2013) of highest number of Test Match wins as captain with 49 wins. He also holds record of scoring most number of centuries in Test Match Cricket as Captain i.e. 15 centuries. (as on February 2013).
Graeme Craig Smith was born on 1 February 1981 in Johannesburg, South Africa. This tall left-handed opening batsman made his Test debut on 8 March 2002 VS Australia. In 2003 he scored two consecutive double centuries on English Tour which includes 259 runs innings at Lord’s which is the highest score made at Lord’s by a foreign player. In 2003 he was given captaincy of South African Test Team in the beginning of his career. Overall he is the most remarkable Test Match skipper in history of game.
Graeme Smith Profile
- Full Name: Graeme Craig Smith
- Nickname: Biff
- Date of Birth: 1 February 1981
- Place of Birth: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Height: 6.3 feet
- Batting Style: Left-handed
- Bowling Style: Right arm off break
- Role: Batsman, South African Captain
- Test Debut: 8 March 2002 VS Australia
- ODI Debut: 30 March 2002 VS Australia
- Most Test Matches as Captain i.e. over 100
- Most Centuries as Test Captain
- Highest number of Test Wins as Test Captain
Graeme Smith Wallpapers
Here in this photo gallery we have designed some latest Graeme Smith wallpapers for year 2013.