This left-handed opening batsman is known for his smooth stroke play and flurry of centuries in Test Cricket. From 2000 to 2006 he played for many Youth England Teams until he was called to Test Cricket. He made his Test debut against India as replacement of Marcus Trescothick and scored century at his debut. Cook made his debut at an early age of 21 and made 1000 Test scores in first year of his career. He became the youngest Englishman to reach 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 Test runs.
Alastair Nathan Cook was born on 25 December 1984 in Gloucester, England. At an early age of 15 he became the member of Essex Academy. Cook made first-class debut for Essex County Cricket Club in 2003. After retirement of his opening partner Andrew Strauss in 2012 he became the captain of English Cricket Team and won the first Test Series on Indian soil since 1984. He already holds the record of English Batsman with most centuries i.e. 23.
Alastair Cook Profile
- Full Name: Alastair Nathan Cook
- Nicknames: Woody, Cooky, Chef, Golden Boy, The Run Machine
- Date of Birth: 25 December 1984
- Place of Birth: Gloucester England
- Height: 6.2 feet
- Batting Style: Left-handed
- Bowling Style: Right-arm off break
- Role: Opening Batsman
- Test Debut: 1 March 2006 VS India
- ODI Debut: 28 June 2006 VS Sri Lanka
Alastair Cook Wallpapers
Here in this photo gallery we have designed some latest Alastair Cook wallpapers 2013.